2021 High School Honors Scholarship Award
The Atlanta Alumnae Panhellenic Association Foundation High School Honors Scholarship is presented annually to high school women who are planning to attend an accredited four-year university that has one or more National Panhellenic Conference recognized sororities in the fall immediately following presentation of the award. Applicant must demonstrate scholastic excellence; possess proven leadership abilities; display community service involvement; and have excellent communication skills.
Female high school senior residing and attending a high school in the metro-Atlanta counties of Cherokee, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Paulding or Rockdale.
Applicant must plan to attend an accredited four-year university that has one or more National Panhellenic Conference recognized sororities in the fall immediately following presentation of the award.
Applicant will be evaluated in 5 categories – scholastic achievement, leadership skills, community involvement, essay and personal recommendations.
Thank you for your interest in applying for a scholarship from the Atlanta Alumnae Panhellenic Association. Please allow sufficient time to complete your application, and be sure to request your recommendation letters early, in order to meet the deadline and receive full consideration.
DEADLINE: Your completed application must be sent in no later than March 1, 2021.
No extensions will be granted.
No exceptions will be made.
A completed application includes the following:
All attachments must be in a separate Microsoft Word document or PDF format and attach them in the appropriate spaces below. Please ensure your full name is on all attachments.
- Completed application form with all questions answered.
- Attach a current resume
- Attach a list of all AP and/or IB courses and self-report the course grade to date
- Attach a list of all your Academic Awards, Honors, and Recognitions received during high school. You should include honor society involvement, honor club awards, academic organizations and programs, and others such as academic programs and scholar recognition. Include the years in school when the awards were received. (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th)
- Attach a list of your Activities: Extracurricular, Community Service and Employment, including community or religious, athletic, scouting and employment activities and any special awards, honors or recognitions associated with these.
Spell out and explain as needed all acronyms.
Include leadership roles if applicable, and average number of hours per week
Include years in school that the activity took place (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th)
- Attach your Essay: In 250 words or less, please explain how you see your participation in a sorority enhancing your college experience and how your skills and experience will contribute to your sorority
- Attach a list of your College Application Status:
List the schools to which you have applied and are still considering, and indicate the current known status. (Accepted, Wait-listed, Still waiting, or Will Attend) You do not need to list schools where you have decided not to attend OR have not been accepted.
- Two (2) personal letters of recommendation must be sent. One letter must be from a high school faculty member or administrator. (Do not wait until the last minute).
Recommendation letters may be submitted online either by form or via file attachment. Please forward the following page address to those persons who will be recommending you: https://www.atlantapanhellenic.org/scholarships/scholarship-recommendation-form/
Winners are notified in mid-April 2021 by email or telephone. The award will be presented at the AAPA Spring Scholarship Luncheon on Saturday, May 1, 2021.
Please complete all fields. The form must be completed and submitted all at once; you will not be able to save and return later.
In case of technical difficulty, please send an email to [email protected]