2020 Alumnae Scholarship Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for a scholarship from the Atlanta Alumnae Panhellenic Association. Please allow sufficient time to complete your application, and be sure to request your recommendation letters and transcript early, in order to meet the deadline and receive full consideration. All attachments should be in a Microsoft Word format or a PDF.
This scholarship is awarded annually to alumnae with a legal residence in the Metro Atlanta counties of Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding, or Rockdale, who are planning to continue their education at a College/University or pursue an accredited professional licensing program. She must be a member in good standing with her local alumnae association, and this group must be an active member of AAPA.
The applicant must be accepted in an accredited institution’s graduate or accredited professional licensing program as a student for 2020. Sororities may have more than one applicant.
DEADLINE: Your completed application must be sent in no later than March 1, 2020.
No extensions will be granted.
No exceptions will be made.
A completed application includes the following:
- Completed application form with all questions answered
- Official college/university transcript(s) Request transcripts be delivered to [email protected]
- Attach a current resume
- Please Attach the following listings:Scholarship / Academic Honors – Briefly describe your educational goals and objectives. Describe your current academic status and school, if currently enrolled, and list all honors and your GPA. If not currently enrolled, please also list your undergraduate degree and GPA.Sorority Alumnae/Panhellenic Activities – List your involvement with your sorority as an alumna, including collegiate chapter involvement and alumnae group leadership, including elected offices, Panhellenic positions, committee chairs, and honors or recognition. (If you graduated within the last two years, you may describe your collegiate chapter involvement, especially during your junior and senior years.)Community Service – List any volunteer work, including names of organizations and your role, as well as any leadership positions and awards.
Career – Please list and briefly describe your employment history (100 words or less).
- Short Essay – Briefly describe what this scholarship would mean to you, and provide any other information you would like to share (in 100 words or less).
- Two letters of Recommendation are required: Recommendation letters may be submitted online either by form or via file attachment. Please forward the following page address to those persons who will be recommending you: https://www.atlantapanhellenic.org/scholarships/aapa-scholarship-recommendation-form/
A letter of recommendation from the local Alumnae Association or Alumnae Chapter OfficerA letter of recommendation from an Employer or Professor
Winners are notified in April 2020 by email or telephone call. The award will be presented at the AAPA Spring Scholarship Luncheon on Saturday, May 2, 2020.