2024 Collegiate Scholarship Application
Thank you for your interest in applying for a scholarship from the Atlanta Alumnae Panhellenic Association Foundation. Please allow sufficient time to complete your application and be sure to request your recommendation letters and transcript early, in order to meet the deadline and receive full consideration.
This scholarship is awarded annually to National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) sorority collegians attending Georgia universities and colleges and having a legal permanent residence in the Metro Atlanta counties of Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dekalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Hall, Henry, Paulding, or Rockdale. Sororities may have multiple applicants.
Eligible applicants must be a Rising Junior or a Rising Senior and must exemplify strong scholarship, leadership, and character. The applicant must be an initiated member in good standing with her NPC sorority chapter and a full-time student with a minimum of 12 or more credit hours per term.
**All Collegians graduating in May/Spring of 2024, who are planning to continue their education at a university/college or pursue a professional licensing program, and will maintain a legal residence in the Metro Atlanta counties as listed above, should apply for the Alumnae Scholarship.
DEADLINE: Your completed application must be sent in no later than March 1, 2024.
No extensions will be granted.
No exceptions will be made.
A completed application includes the following:
All attachments must be in separate Microsoft Word documents or PDF files and attached separately in the appropriate spaces below. Please ensure your full name is on all attachments.
1. Complete application form with all questions answered.
2. Attach a current resume.
3. Attach a copy of your unofficial college/university transcript(s).
4. Attach a document with the following listings:
a) Sorority Activities – List individually each office, committee chair, committee, activity, and non-academic honor, award, and recognition.
b) Campus Activities – List individually each office, committee chair, committee, activity, and non-academic honor, award, and recognition.
c) Community Service – List any volunteer work, including names of organizations and your role, as well as any leadership positions, award, and recognition.
d) Scholarship / Academic Honors – Briefly describe your educational goals and objectives. Also list individually each honor, award, and recognition.
e) Work/Employment – Please list and briefly describe your employment history.
5. Short Essay – Describe how you have positively impacted your sorority and provide any other information you would like to share (in 250 words or less).
6. Two letters of Recommendation are required: Recommendation letters may be submitted online either by form or via file attachment. Please forward the following web page address to those persons who will be recommending you: https://www.atlantapanhellenic.org/scholarships/scholarship-recommendation-form/
– One letter of recommendation from an officer of an alumnae association/chapter or alumnae advisor of your collegiate chapter.
– One letter of recommendation from a university/college faculty member or administrator.
Winners will be notified early April 2024 by email or telephone call. The award will be presented at the AAPA Spring Scholarship Luncheon on Saturday, April 27, 2024.